Lymphatic Drainage Massage in Kiev Wellness International
Lymph is a particular kind of connective body tissue looking like a viscous transparent liquid. Its function is to transfer molecules of proteins, organic derivatives, toxic substances and various metabolites from muscle tissues into the blood.
Carrying out the role of a certain barrier, the lymphatic system acts as a part of the immune system, which prevents penetration of microbes and viruses into the body. In case of malfunctioning of the lymph, the whole organism is disrupted. This can be expressed in puffiness, general weakness, flabbiness of the skin and other symptoms.
Lymphatic drainage massage produces activating effect on the lymphatic system and allows to get rid of lymph stagnation issues. This method can affect the skin of the face, legs, hips, back, etc.
Lymphatic drainage therapy has appeared relatively recently and is a unique massage technique. Doctor Pascal Kosh from France created this type of massage in the middle of the 20th century as a way to relieve swelling after surgery. He realized that the timely made lymphatic drainage massage eliminates issues associated with post-surgery edema.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Benefits
Lymphatic drainage massage greatly accelerates fluid flows in the body, contributing to the removal of such symptoms as edema and bruises.
A weight loss massage is also based on the same principle: the lymphatic drainage massage therapist drives away excess fluids from certain location on the body, allowing to change the body volume and weight. Manual lymphatic drainage massage is believed to remove toxins and cell decay products from the body, cleaning it and making it much healthier.
With the help of lymphatic drainage therapy you can correct such cosmetic problems as:
- – Cellulitis (especially swelling)
- – Excess fat
- – Swelling on the face, limbs
- – Bruises and bags under the eyes, and bruises on the other body parts
- – Body cells regeneration issues
- – Wrinkles
- – Flabby skin
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Results
- Enhanced immunity
- Normalized psycho-emotional state
- Stress control
- Cure for varicose veins (beginning stages and prevention)
- Superfluous intercellular fluid removal
- Maintaining body in a healthy state
Depending on the process needed to be reached in the body by the lymphatic drainage massage, it can be executed with different intensity:
- – Lymphatic capillaries are activated by superficial lymphatic drainage massage.
- – Areas where the projection of the lymph nodes occurs are activated by projection lymphatic drainage massage.
- – Lymph nodes are “awoken” by deep tissue lymphatic drainage massage on, acting as a therapeutic massage.
Contraindications for Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Like any other treatment type, lymphatic drainage massage has its own contraindications. Most of all, these contraindications are related to any massage made with the use of additional devices. It is better to forego lymphatic drainage massage if you have the following issues:
- – Acute inflammatory processes
- – Severe cardiovascular system diseases
- – Thrombophlebitis
- – Chronical skin diseases or cold sores
- – Thrombosis
- – Purulent inflammation
- – Pregnancy
- – Neuralgia
- – Lymphadenitis and lymphadenopathy
- – Burns and other skin damages
- – Cancer neoplasm