Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy in Kiev Wellness International
Craniosacral Therapy (CST) can be included as a part of osteopathy session. Osteopathy being a unique approach to health care is regarded holistic, meaning affecting the whole body. Osteopathic physicians do not only work with the pathologic areas, but apply certain techniques to achieve equilibrium of all the bodily systems.
Osteopathy methods can be used to treat much more than you can imagine. The most common complaints that are cured by osteopathic manipulation therapy are headaches, back, neck, heel and foot pains, shin splints, tennis elbow, sciatica, and strain injuries. Even various digestive problems, asthma, arthritis, postural problems, carpal tunnel syndrome and whiplash can be effectively treated by this method.
Regular patients for osteopathic manipulation are ones who receive injures while doing sports, at home or while working.
Knowing that all body parts are interconnected and function together allows osteopathic physicians to approach any problematic issue in an integrated manner. Thus, a certain body part with blockages forces the whole body to compensate for this and adapt, which further leads to pains, stiffness, inflammation and other adverse health issues. For patients who have no movement restrictions, osteopaths can alleviate pains, reduce stress and enhance overall mobility ensuring that the body has all the necessary conditions for self-healing.
The main techniques used by osteopathic physicians include a broad range of gentle movements such as deep tactile pressure, soft tissue stretching, and manipulation or mobilization of joints.
Osteopathic Manipulation Benefits
- Accurate and fast diagnosis for the whole body.
The hands of an experienced osteopath detect changes that even precise medical devices are not able to register. Deep knowledge of anatomy and physiology allow them to interpret the pathological areas of the body.
- Osteopathy is a universal method, as it treats the entire organs or systems, considering the whole body as a symbiosis of internal organs, musculoskeletal framework and nervous system.
- Osteopathy effectively treats a wide range of diseases, while having the smallest number of contraindications compared to other manual methods. Osteopathy manipulative therapy can be even applied in situations with severe pain syndromes.
- Osteopathic manipulation therapy has no age restrictions.
Osteopathy uses exceptionally gentle, soft and safe techniques, which can be recommended even to pregnant and lactating women, babies from the first hours of life and elderly patients.
- Osteopaths use more than 3,000 techniques.
A wide range of techniques is necessary for osteopaths to achieve accurate diagnosis and a high level of quality and effectiveness of treatment.
- Osteopathy is a painless method.
Even during the diagnosis, patients may feel their pain going away. However, elimination of pain is not the main aim of osteopathic manipulation. Osteopathy, unlike other manual methods, does not eliminate the symptoms of the disease, but works with the cause. It activates the body’s internal resources and the ability to heal itself, thereby reducing the likelihood of a disease relapse to zero.
- Osteopathic manipulation methods provide long-lasting results.
- Osteopathy has great benefits both for adults and children.
- Osteopathy treatment works better and brings the maximum benefits as a part of a complex therapy.
Osteopathic physicians work with the following symptoms:
- Spinal curvature, musculoskeletal disorders
- Tachycardia and cardiovascular problems
- Headaches and other pains
- Disorders related to mental and emotional state
- Hormonal disbalance
- Arthrosis and arthritis
- Elevated or low blood pressure, dizziness
- Excess weight
- Rehabilitation after injuries
- Diseases of the digestive system
- Problems of gynecological nature
- Problems with ENT organs
- Lumbar pains, threat of miscarriage, toxicosis, puffiness
And much more!
How can an osteopathic physician help a baby?
Osteopathic treatment of newborns is a very frequent case. Even for preventive purposes, it can be justified in 100% to achieve timely diagnosis of pathologies and avoid complications during the development period.
When should you contact an osteopathic physician?
The sooner you take your baby to an osteopath, the easier it will be to perform corrections and the fewer problems will arise in the future. During the first session, you can if not eliminate but at least mitigate all the effects of birth on the crumbs, as well as to improve the overall health condition.
Please note! Visiting an osteopatic physician is not in any way a complete substitution for the treatment and observation of your pediatrician, meaning that both treatments should be a complement to each other!
Osteopath diagnoses the condition of all body systems and conducts effective treatment without pain, without risk to health, and what is the most important — without drugs!